That would be today. Joshua was acting a serious fool (yes, I spend way too much time in the hood). But seriously, he was out of control. Every time I looked around, he was talking / playing / joking around / interrupting others / blatantly not listening. It was out of control. I thought yesterday was bad, but today he was insane. He was at a yellow star before 10am. That's never a good sign. He was on an orange star at 1:45pm and I threatened to send him to Dr. C at least four times. Finally, I lost it and sent him there. The last thing I wanted to do was send him to the principal's office because I felt like I couldn't take care of it myself but all of those empty promises and I thought none of the kids would ever take me seriously again. Even in time out, he was making buzzing noises and blowing spit bubbles.
Well, here goes the messy part. So, apparently, his mother called me at 7:52am and left me a voicemail to warn me that his father (who was supposed to move out at Christmas), moved out last night. I.E. Everything that happened today was a complete act out from his parents divorcing and his father suddenly moving. I.E. When Joshua needed me the most, I totally failed him and reprimanded him when he really just needed someone to listen to him. I feel awful. I told him at one point, "Joshua, you are driving me insane right now!" UGH WHAT WAS I THINKING!? I should know better.
No comments:
Post a Comment