This was a jam packed weekend of awesomeness here in the 'Nash.
Highlights:
1. Friday, I have my kids write letters to President Obama (I am stretching those SS grades like whoa). Highlights included the following:
a. Dear Obama, I wish Halloween could be 10/10/10, October the 10.
b. Can it snow all the time? Free ice cream?
c. FAVORITE: Dear President Obama, Can we change the White House to the Green House?
2. CHIHULY at Cheekwood. One of the coolest exhibits I have seen since studying abroad. The glass was outside in the botanical gardens and it lit up the gardens. It was soooo gorgeous. We were starving so we hit up a Chick-fil-A on the other side of the city. So worth it. It was Anthony, Spencer, Kristie and I rocking the chicken sandwich. Then they told us they didn't have any trays left (the place was practically empty) so they put our food in to-go bags. We joked that it was because Anthony (the token black man in t-eff-a) was with us. Moments later, four white dudes came in and ordered. They got trays. I yell party-foul.
3. OKTOBERFEST! Kristie and I got there at 9:15am. Rock on. As we are roaming the streets filled with brats, beer and pooches, we come across this table that is yelling "Think Happy Thoughts" posters. She is handing out cute cards that say adorable, uplifting things on them. I tell her that I am a teacher and I want to buy a poster for my classroom. She hands me a giant Feel Good poster and tells me that
"She is going to give it to me for free because everyone hates teachers." She meant well! (and it was free.)
4. Southern Book Festival. Sort of lame, but got my new facebook picture.

5. T-eff-A Kickball tournament. Competitive as per usual. I am incredibly sore one day later, but apparently so is everyone else.
6. Sam's Sports Bar to watch Demos ruin out perfect season. Highlight: chilled out with some awesome alumni. I think Kristie and I made new friends!! NU Alumni Club, here we come!
7. Losers/Dan McGuiness - the usual Saturday night. Kristie and Spencer introduced me to an Irish Car Bomb. The picture says it all.

8. Parthenon. Spent a lovely Sunday afternoon on the phone with the one and only Alexandra on her 23rd birthday as I leisurely strolled around Centennial Park. As we talked, I have a lovely view of the Parthenon copy. It's huge - a life-sized copy, to be exact.
9. Only four days until ROADTRIP!
10. We had family dinner at our house tonight. It was originally just going to be the roommates, then Annalise, then Anthony, then we ended up with 8 people at our dining room table. I love the people down here - we do some jesus prayin' at each family dinner and tonight I thought to myself, I am so lucky for everything that I have in my life right now.
At dinner, I sort of revealed my secret to happy blog entries. If you keep telling yourself that you love your life and what you're doing, you will love your life and what you are doing. Of course, there are hard days in my classroom, but then I remind myself, this is what I wanted. This is where I should be, this is where I need to be. There are 19 babies out there that need me - complaining won't fix it, but I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment