Well, Jason was on orange, as in probably should have been on red. I am going to the principal about it tomorrow because this is out of hand. Today reminded me of the horrors that were Institute with my students in Atlanta. I hope I never feel like that again. I actually let Jason derail my lesson to the point where the children were probably scared of me. I was so frustrated I pretty much stopped teaching. I was so disappointed in myself for letting a 7 year old ruin my day.
On the bright side, I got some awesome feedback today from the t-eff-a evaluators. They saw me in a dishevaled moment and in a place where I really struggle, so I appreciated their feedback.
Little Otto, however, saved the day. My kids were doing their crazy thing during reading time and Emmy asked Otto to talk to him. Otto is such a super cute and happy kid, but can barely speak English. He's the kid that always wants to help me so much that he hurts the feelings of other children because he will push them to get close to me. Thank you Emmy for picking a nice one randomly.
Emmy: What can you tell me about goals?
Otto: (silence - runs away from Emmy).. Ms. W, can I tell her about my goal? I thought it was a secret!!
Me: Otto, go tell her everything you know about goals. Tell her everything. I know you can!
Otto: Well, I was a 1 but now I'm a 5 and my goal is 22 and I want to get there so I can be great and reach third grade!
Emmy: Wow.
So great in fact, that it earned me a quote on the t-eff-a wall of quotes. Thanks Otto for saving me from an otherwise horrible day.
No comments:
Post a Comment