It's only Monday. Exhausted.
Highlights:
My class is having issues now that African Andy is gone. They are seriously confused by the fact that we had 20, but now we have 21. They also kept talking about Kevin, who left our class weeks ago because he had a bladder control problem. They also really wanted Andy's desk (so much for mourning the loss).
Desperately, I am working toward accruing 10 social studies grades in the next 7 days. Today we attempted to re-enact the government of the US. There was a particularly defeating moment today when I asked the kids what town they lived in and they did not have a clue. I feel like that is something really important. When I came home, Spencer and I tried to figure out if Antioch is actually a separate city from Nashville. I feel like that is probably something I know before I attempt to teach maps and government. Take that achievement gap.
No comments:
Post a Comment